What can I do if I've been wrongfully terminated?

If you're a non-governmental employee, you could consider filing a wrongful termination action. Wrongful termination claims are based on one or more of the following concepts:

If you are a union employee covered under a collective bargaining agreement, consult with your union about filing a grievance to challenge your termination. A government employee may have a property interest in his/her job which cannot be taken away without sufficient cause as determined by a court of law.

If you succeed in your claim or grievance, your employer might have to pay back wages, fines, and possible punitive damages or you can be returned to your job.